Sunday, November 15, 2009

Art is art

I once heard, "Rap is to music as Etch A Sketch is to art." I always thought it was funny and kind of made sense. But now I don't know.



My Graphic Design Professor showed us this guy. He's SO amazing and SO inspiring! His name is Paul Smith. He has Cerebral Palsy and he's a typewriter artist.



He does it all on a typewriter! I can't even imagine trying to take on such a project. And all the patience that's required!


In this one you can see some of the different lines he uses. I just love it! I mean, who would have thought of using a typewriter to create art in the first place? So nontraditional. But I guess traditionalism isn't needed to make art. You can see more of his work and a few videos of him working at this address paulsmithfoundation.com

No comments:

Post a Comment