Wednesday, November 3, 2010

WINNERS


WE WON!!!! Hallelujah, elections are over! It's been a lot of hours and a lot of hard work, but it was all worth it in the end. I'm so proud of Trevor! He did such a great job. He came in late to the job, which can be really tough, but he was able to get in there, get things done, and get it done better than they had been before. He's such a hard worker, and definitely deserves a break now :] We originally were told he was only needed until the 4th, but then Saturday we found that he would be staying on till the 15th!!!! We're not sure exactly what he'll be doing. It's either going to be a paid vacation - where he gets to just hang out with me all day OR they'll send him to a different state to help with recounts! We had no idea that could even be a possibility.

Yesterday we made calls for the last time! YES! Then went to the Republicans Victory Party. They rented the whole bottom floor of a huge hotel. So in each room was a different candidate. There was food everywhere and people everywhere. It was fun and exciting as we all waited for the polls to come in, then wait for the other to concede, and then listen to victory speeches. But for the most part Trev and I just crashed on one of the beds...we were so lame & tired! We wanted to stay till they announced if Labrador had won or not, but we couldn't last so we left around one in the A.M.

Anyway, I'm really excited that our guys won, but at the same time I feel for the candidates from all sides that didn't win. I'm so impressed that there are people out there who are willing to put themselves out there to the public and then take all the criticism. I don't know how you couldn't take it personally. And I really do believe that they all just want the best for the state and country, and I'm grateful that there are those out there who are willing to do this work. And I'm also so grateful to live in this country and for the freedoms we enjoy :]

Also - more great news......I WON CIRQUE DU SOLEIL TICKETS!!!! I woke up early just so I could call into the radio station to try and win - and it worked! I am so ecstatic! Ever since middle school I've dreamed of being in Cirque du Soleil...so this is like one step closer to that dream..right? PLUS this is my very most favorite Cirque show - Alegria! It's tomorrow night! See, the radio is still worth listening to!



Hope all of you are having a good day too <3

3 comments:

  1. I've just been smiling all day for you :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looked for you on the news coverage, but never saw you. Geoff and I have been at the hotel on election night before -- it's pretty fun! Glad to see the night ended pretty well for you. We went to bed at 11:30. I'm also happy to see that you aren't leaving quite yet!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy about the tickets!!! That is the best thing I have ever heard. If I were you I would have cried with happiness! I know all about you and Alegria, and your circus dreams & everything. SOOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! And so proud of Trevy poo poo pie.

    ReplyDelete