Sunday, February 10, 2013

Sunday Post

Photo by Cindy Singleton

I'm still in love with this picture my mom took! Can you see the heart?

The other day at our midwife appointment, when I laid down with my belly showing so we could listen to the baby's heartbeat and feel around to check on her (it's my favorite part of each appointment), the midwife looked at my belly and said, "Oh! So have you been having a lot of Braxton Hicks?" I answered, "Nope. None." She just laughed and replied, "I'm pretty sure you're having one right now." Which freaked me out to know that something was happening to my body that I was unaware of! I did notice that my belly felt tight quite often, but I thought it was just the baby doing yoga or something :)

She's still growing nice and strong. I'm pretty sure taking a break from our vegan-like diet is to thank for that. It was just too hard for me to get enough calcium and protein w/out dairy and meat. I know it's possible, but it was just too much work! And as much as I love, love, love beans...I don't love them enough to eat 4 cups a day! In addition to the dairy and meat, I've added snacks and lots of treats! Trevor has been forced to become the voice of reason when it comes to goodies! Ha! I was never a big ice cream fan before the pregnancy, but now I'm ALWAYS craving milkshakes. Mmmmm, just typing the word makes me want one! Whenever we get dessert Trevor says, "I sure do like pregnant Lindsey!"

No comments:

Post a Comment