Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Cursed?

I think February cursed us. The whole month was non-stop sickness. I had a bad cold for a week, then Rosie got the cold for a week, then she had an ear infection (I think), then she got a stomach bug, then I got the stomach bug. Everything was awful, but the stomach bug was the worst. It was our first time experiencing a child throwing up - AND in the middle of the night.

At 3AM we hear Rosie shouting "Uh oh! Uh oh!" We ran into her room to find her standing in her crib with vomit all over her, her bed, her stuffed animals, and the carpet. Then it was the 3 of us, standing in the bathroom, Rosie shaking, totally freaked out, and Trevor and me staring at each other thinking, "I don't know what to do!" But then the parental gears kicked in and we took charge. Do you ever have those moments where you are just "lost" and it takes you a second?  

She threw up 5 more times that night, and by the last 2 times we were able to get all of the throw up in the bowl! Booya! She had symptoms for 2 more days. Then on the day when she seemed to be getting better, the nastiness hit me! Thankfully, Trevor had 2 snow days in a row and was able to stay home and take care of Rosie and me. Phew!

On a positive note, I had been really junking out the week before and was feeling a little chubby. But after this bug I feel trim and sexy again.



Anyway, after loads, and loads, and loads of laundry, and hours in the kitchen cleaning dishes, our house is FINALLY back to normal. Even though it's still cold outside, I plan on opening all of the windows and letting some new, fresh air in and letting the cursed air out. Rosie and I deserve one heck of immune system this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment