Sunday, June 8, 2014

Photo Challenge

A few months ago I bought a Rebel 2Ti and a 50mm lens. I mainly bought them so I could have nice snapshots of the fam, but I was having a heck of a time really learning how to use the camera with a model who doesn't sit still. Soooooo I decided to try a photo challenge to encourage me to use my camera every day and to take pictures of things other than Rosie - no offense Rosie.

I found this challenge on Pinterest, but I can't find it on the owners SITE
Anyway, so I ended up only taking like 3 of the pictures on the actual day and Rosie still ended up being in half of the shots, BUT I do feel like I learned a lot during this last month and I had a lot of fun doing it.

I was happy with a lot of the shots until I took a quick glance at my mom and sister's photography websites and realized I still have a LOT to learn. They both do photography professionally and they both ROCK at it. You can find my mom's site HERE and my sister's site HERE

1. Peace 


2. Skyline

3. Something you wore today

4. Fun!

5. Bird - I used my Mom's Canon EF 70-300 f/4-5.6L IS. I made me feel so professional. It was long and HEAVY, but way cool to use!


6. You - all of the self shots were a pain in the butt. I need one of those clicker things.

7. Someone that inspires you.


8. A smell you adore - we make bread every other week and I still LOVE the smell of it.


9. Something you do every day - even if it's just for a minute


10. A favorite word.

11. Kitchen - I stopped water! I thought only the really fancy shmancy cameras could do that!


12. Something that makes you happy - these two

13. Mum


14. Grass

15. Love - It's Trev and me holding hands...in case you can't tell :)


16. What you're reading - I Am a Bunny


17. Snack - used more as a "distraction" than a "snack"


18. Something you made: Rosie. I literally made her.


19. A favorite place - the park!

20. Something you can't live without - these two

21. Where you stand


22. Pink


23. Technology


24 Something new - first time trying watermelon

25. Unusual - I baked. Ok, Trevor did most of the work, I just put them in the oven.


26. 12 o'clock - nap prep


27. Something sweet - these two
28. The weather today


29. A number

30. Your personality - chill. Though taking this picture was anything but "chill".

31. Something beautiful - wild flowers!


2 comments:

  1. I love this! I want to do this (although the photography quality will be . . . not). This is soulful and I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! I love it all!! As I was looking through them I was like "ooo this ones my.favorite!. Oh wait, no this one for sure! Oh, that one is so cool.thats my favorite too!" on and on. I so love them all. You have gotten so good so fast! I love the way you frame scenes your own way. So beautiful! I can't wait to see more and more and more of your photography here on your blog :). And as much as I adore adorable pictures of adorable Rosie, its so fun to see other parts of your life!

    ReplyDelete