Thursday, August 29, 2013

Bad Hair Cut

Now that some time has passed, I feel like I can write about this. So I've been cutting Trevor's hair for four years now and it still takes me forever. I have become a little faster though. Instead of two hours it takes me an hour and 45 mins. But I think it's fun and Trevor usually likes the finished look.

I've always just used scissors for the whole head and then a small razor to clean up the neck and ears. But to make the process faster, I decided to buy a big razor with multiple settings so I could cut the back and the sides in a matter of minutes.

Instead of buying one with multiple blades, I bought a fancy 8 blades in 1 deal. Where you stick the blade on and can then slide it up and down to have the length you want. It worked fine but was slow to charge, so I'd have to pause and let it juice up a bit. Well during one of those pauses I was chatting with Trevor while mindlessly playing with the razor's settings, sliding it up and down. Once it had enough power, I went buzzzzzzzz right up the back of Trevor's head at the LOWEST setting on the razor!!! I forgot to put it back to the right setting! There was now a huge patch missing from the back of his head! My jaw dropped and I just stood there trying to decide what I should do. Should I just keep buzzing away? Maybe it's not that bad? Should I tell him? Maybe he won't notice?

I was so frustrated with myself, and it was late, so we decided to call it a night and deal with it in the morning.

The next morning I told Trevor that I wanted him to go in to a professional to finish up his haircut. For some reason I felt that a professional would be able to fix my mistake and magically make the hair grow back...they did quite the opposite. Trevor came home with it even SHORTER than what I had done! They buzzed, buzzed, and buzzed again.

This is a before and after shot. His buzz didn't look bad, it was just drastically different than his previously shaggy head.


Now that it's been two weeks we can now laugh about it. Luckily he's a boy, and boys don't have to wait months to fix a bad hair cut. So it wasn't a huge deal. Also, it already looks like his hair has doubled in length! When it's so short, you can actually SEE the hair grow.

I took the razor back and plan on buying one that has separate blades for each length so I don't do this again. Sheeesh.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, this made me laugh :) Much more so than a couple of weeks ago when I first heard about it!

    ReplyDelete