Friday, June 27, 2014

Rosie Lately



-Maybe just a teensy bit vain. She loves to look at herself in a mirror. If I were as cute as her I would want to look at myself all of the time too! But she loves to dress herself right now. Well, TRY to dress herself. She'll then run over to the mirror to check herself out.

-So full of life.

-Prefers her sippy cup to be upside down when she drinks.

- Does NOT like to sit still. Church is exhausting. Thankfully, everyone in our ward is so sweet and don't mind her rummaging through their bags. For awhile I was thinking this is just how babies/toddlers are, but then I went to toddlers in the library and she was the ONLY child acting crazy. All of the other little ones were quietly sitting in their mamma's lap while my child was trying to climb on top of all of the well behaved children.

-Loves meat. She's our mini carnivore.

-Has 11 teeth. -Struggles with sleeping...again...shortly after I blogged about her sleeping well, she decided she no longer wanted to take 2 naps, only 1. This transition has been rough. And all of the sleep books I've read pretty much only say, "you're just gonna have to tough it out". Most mornings she wakes up around 5AM! Rosie just hasn't been blessed with the gift of sleep.

-Loves to help me put on makeup. After she has completely emptied out my makeup bag, she then takes my brushes, taps them on the closed cases, then brushes it on my face. It's really cute.

-Is officially walking and it's the cutest thing. She leads with her belly and just toddles around. Sure there are a bunch of 9-month-olds sprinting past her, but 15 months is a fine time to begin walking I say.

-Turns random objects into phones and then has little conversations.

-Can handle raw dairy. Yay!!! I had forgotten how good a glass of milk could taste. When I was lactose intolerant growing up, raw dairy helped a lot, so I don't know why I didn't think of it when we first noticed the problem. I'm just excited we don't have to use that fake cheese stuff anymore - yuck! 

-Only wants mamma in the middle of the night. If I'm really tired, Trevor will take her out of the room to bounce her back to sleep, but as soon as she sees him coming around the bed for her she'll start saying "No, no, no, no." and wrap her arms and legs around me. She'll then shout "Mama!" with her arms stretched out as he carries her out of the room. Sometimes I feel a little bad, but it usually makes me smile because it's so cute.

It's been such a joy to watch her learn and grow. I'm constantly saying, "wait, when did she learn to do that?" They're such simple things like putting the lid back on a jar, or shutting the dishwasher, but it's these little things that bring the biggest smile on my face.

2 comments:

  1. Seriously--how did she get so old all of the sudden?? She is absolutely adorable! And Tyler didn't start walking until he was 17 months old, and I was so worried, but really it didn't really even matter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. these babies are amazing. seriously, 90% of the things deacon does just has me ooo-ing and ahhh-ing. they learn and grow and DO so fast. so i must have missed something about her being lactose intolerant? how did you find that out?

    ReplyDelete